That’ll get me through the next three years of my life, right??
1) I have a funny story or three. I keep talking about them and not telling them. There are reasons for why, called the rest of this list.
2) I have a ten page paper to write for Monday. My professor gave me good comments on my outline (the tragedy of last week). I have the feeling that he only gives the good comments, but he also wrote that it was strong. I have since found additional, more specific research.
2.5) Naturally, having sufficient research and support for my thesis does not make me feel ready to write the paper. I’ll probably spend a few days staring a clean white page and practicing breathing exercises (in a desperate attempt to quell the rising waves of doom and terror), then stay up all weekend drinking sickening quantities of lukewarm tea and frantically abusing my keyboard.
3) I have rehearsals on Monday and Wednesday nights. I am enjoying myself, as usual. There are a few elements of the process that terrify me, but I’m getting over it. It is a much smaller time committment than usual, but it still has its effects…
3.5) I miss acting. And stressful rehearsal schedules. And people who recognize the importance of humility in theatre.
4) Last night I went to bed at four, because I was up doing work. This was NOT because of procrastination. Cait and I sat in the Crow’s Nest for nearly seven hours doing work.
5) I have dramaturgical research due on Tuesday. This needs to happen NOW, not LATER. I need the weekend for my paper, and Monday is too late to start putting my pieces together. Also, my Women’s Studies midterm paper is due next Friday.
6) I have knitting to show, but I am currently in my (lofted) bed and the camera is lurking below.
7) I remember having 70,000 important things to tell, but now I can’t remember a thing.